People seek nose reshaping treatment for different reasons. People do it for aesthetic purposes or resolve functional issues, including correcting breathing problems or snoring. For those who want drastic and permanent results, surgical rhinoplasty is their best option. For people who are not keen on incisions and a long period of recovery, non-surgical rhinoplasty is a great choice.
You can also Submit Post with Query “ENT Write For Us”
Getting familiar with non-surgical rhinoplasty
Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty is a cosmetic procedure that temporarily enhances the look and shape of the nose. It typically lasts for 6 to 24 months, depending on the filler material used during the treatment. This minimally invasive treatment uses injectable dermal filler for a nose dent, camouflaging it to create an illusion of a more symmetrical and straighter nose.
The sterile filler is injected into areas that require correction, improving the appearance of the facial features. It is also ideal for dorsal bump, droopy or bulbous nasal tip, and slight crookedness of the nose.
Pros and Cons of Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty
- No surgery necessary – It uses a hypodermic syringe to infuse the filler material into the nose, eliminating the need to perform incisions.
- No-pain procedure – A topical anaesthetic is applied to ease discomfort or pain, instead of general anaesthesia that is usually administered during the surgery. It is generally painless, which is a big advantage if you need to go to work after the treatment. However, the doctor may recommend a day rest to watch out for common side effects.
- Quick procedure – The treatment duration takes 20 to 30 minutes only with minimal discomfort in the sensitive parts of the nose. The most sensitive area is the nose tip.
- Gives you control – You are awake during the procedure, allowing you to observe your doctor inject the dermal fillers and achieve your desired effect.
- Minimal recovery period – There is virtually zero downtime experience, making the recovery quick and safe. After the treatment, patients advised observing for any allergic reaction.
- Immediate results – Unlike the surgical rhinoplasty that requires full healing of your nose before you get to enjoy the transformation result, Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty lets you see up to 80% result immediately after the procedure. The complete change becomes more visible after two weeks when the swelling of the treated areas goes away.
- Preps you up for future decision – Getting this non-invasive procedure gives you an idea of what your nose would look like once you decide to undergo nose surgery.
- Reversible – If you are not satisfied [BF1] [Ma2] with the outcome, you can easily ask your cosmetic surgeon to dissolve it. It is viable if your dermal filler is hyaluronic acid-based.
- Improves the results of rhinoplasty – It helps in enhancing not-so-satisfying results of a previous surgical procedure, letting you correct a bump, lump, or slight asymmetrical issue.
- Less expensive – This injectable treatment is relatively cheaper compared to plastic surgery. However, over the years, maintaining the effects lead to long-lasting results. It is not uncommon that after your second procedure it may take several years for results to wear off.
Also Read: Laser Treatment For Piles Is Good Or Bad?
- Temporary results – Non-surgical rhinoplasty is not the complete solution to your [BF3] nose concerns. It does not correct physiological nasal defects permanently, offering a short-term fix that makes your nose look more defined. This only provides external alterations and does not resolve other trouble areas. It cannot resolve major functional problems, re-contour or reshape tissues, or fix a very wide nose.
- Short-term effects – Injectable fillers metabolized by the human body within twelve months. The gradual dissolution of the substance sometimes takes a little longer or up to 2 years, depending on the type of filler used during the treatment.
- Potential serious risks – Finding a licensed GMC Medical Professional to perform this procedure is paramount to your safety and successful results. Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty may seem easy, but injecting the dermal fillers to the sensitive areas of the nose is potentially risky. Under inexperienced hands, it may cause damaging effects like the death of the nose tissue or immediate blindness.
- Makes the nose look bigger – Dermal fillers add volume, making the nose appear bigger. To create an illusion of a smaller nose. The doctor needs to lift the tip or narrow down the base by injecting fillers in strategic parts. And although this treatment makes nasal bumps less prominent, you will notice that the size of your nose has slightly increased, making it look plumper and fuller. However a skilled injector will make the nose appear smoother, sharper and more refined and therefore giving it an appearance of being smaller.
- Cost more overtime – In the long run, the accumulated cost of regular liquid rhinoplasty in the UK will exceed the one-time cost of surgical rhinoplasty. Maintaining the look of your nose may not be cost-effective after all. It is worth noting, that 1 in 2 patients require more than one surgical rhinoplasty to get the full results. Around 30-40% of patients having non surgical rhinoplasty is for surgical correction of rhinoplasty.
Also Read: Clindamycin Phosphate Topical 1% Lotion
Should you choose to pursue non-surgical rhinoplasty, it is important to get a pre-evaluation assessment of your eligibility. It is also necessary to have clear expectations about the pros and cons of this cosmetic procedure. Look for the best available medical practitioner who will guide you through the process and beyond.
You can also Submit Post with Query “Infections Write For Us”
Cagau Discusses The Impacts Of Lockdown Savings On Surging The Price Of Luxury Watches
Surging The Price Of Luxury Watches: Dubai, United Arab Emirates – The recent pandemic outbreak has made substantial changes in…