Fits Your Body Shape: There are times when you have to be at a formal event. And you need to get dressed up according to that. It turns out that most formal events often make it mandatory for women to dress up in cocktail attire. Some that don’t state the dress code expect women to be in a cocktail dress. Hence, it has become essential for women to have a fancy and stylish cocktail dress today.
If you happen to love dresses, then you can buy one or more cocktail dresses to help you dress up for more events where you need to be in this dress. When you are trying to purchase a dress, there are several options to opt in for. For instance, you can check out the Cocktail dresses in white that are available online and take your pick.
However, you need to remember one thing! Not one single cocktail dress is the same. It doesn’t come in the form of “one size fits all.” It’s because women have different body types. Not one woman has the same body. Therefore, before you try to buy a cocktail for yourself, you need to know how to select the correct one for yourself. That also entails choosing the dress as per your body shape.
How To Select The Right Cocktail Dress For You?
When you are buying your cocktail dress for the first time, it must fit you correctly. It will enable you to look your best and feel good too. You will naturally feel good when your clothes can balance the body proportions and accentuate the best body features. To explain in simple terms, you want a dress that will hide your flaws and will help you to look good. The points discussed below are essential.
Decide Your Body Shape
First, you need to measure yourself at the hips, shoulders, waist, and bust. You will make use of the numbers to find out the body type. It would help if you broke it down in the following way:
- If your bust and shoulders are wider than the hips, your body is in the inverted triangle shape.
- If your hips, shoulders, and bust are within a percentage of 5% of another, your body shape is rectangular.
- If your waist, shoulders, and bust are small in comparison to the hips, your body is a pear shape.
- If your shoulders are broad than the hips, your waist is not correctly designed, and you have a big bust, your body has an apple shape.
The Inverted Triangle Shape
Women who have this body shape, have slender legs, narrow hips, and waist. They also have slim legs, narrow hips, and a waist. And for balance such proportions, it is possible to streamline the shoulders and add volume to the waist. And you have the option of adding volume to your waist with the necessary details, like a flowing skirt or pleats. If you want your shoulders to look narrower, you need to select a sweetheart neckline, cap sleeves, and spaghetti straps.
A Rectangle Body Shape
Women who have a rectangular body shape are usually slenderer and more athletic. And in spite of the name, which sounds rather too boxy, women with this body shape typically have narrow shoulders, thin legs, a small bust, and a narrow hip. That means women with a rectangular body shape have a curvy body. Hence, if you want a dress that will flatter your body type, it’s the one that can add an illusion of curves. You can opt-in for an empire waistline which can add many shapes to the bottom and top half of the body.
The Hourglass Body Shape
Most women want this body shape. However, the woman who has this body shape generally has an average to bigger bust and hips. They usually have a small waist. When you have this body shape, there is no body feature that you need to hide. Instead, you might want to flaunt the body that you have. Hence, cocktail dresses that body in a bandage, and bodycon shape will work best for you.
You can opt-in for a classic pinup-style dress that can clinch the waist and flare up the bottom close to the skirt. Additionally, you can also opt-in for a belt that will accentuate the small waist as well. It would help if you searched for very well-defined waistlines. Also, make sure that the hemline end atop the knee.
The Pear Shape Body
When you have a pear-shaped body, which is a triangle-shaped body, it has more weight graduated towards the lower half. And you have the option to balance it out entirely by drawing people’s attention toward the collarbones and slender shoulders. And in order to do so, the design aspects like strapless dresses, sleeveless dresses, and halter tops are the best. You can make use of the statement necklace and the plunging neckline. The other strategy that you can use is by accentuating the waist using a belt or cinched dress.
The Apple-Shaped Body
Women who have an apple-shaped body can opt-in for pieces that can elongate the torso. It would help if you also tried to draw maximum to the legs and outline the waist. And you can get this balance by opting in for an A-line, knee-length skirts, and wrap-style dresses. That aside, you might also want to get a structured top, such as the cropped blazer.
When you know your body type, you can choose a cocktail dress that compliments the body type and makes you look stylish and appealing. Also, it is necessary to get your dress size correct; else, your dress can be too tight or too loose. In both cases, you will feel significant discomfort. And that will stop you from looking your best. Therefore, measure yourself well and opt-in for the correct size. Also, try and understand the sizing guide of the designer and place your order accordingly.
Guidelines To Buy A Cocktail Dress Correctly
Today, online shopping has made life more accessible than before. Hence, if there isn’t any store near you specializing in a cocktail dress, you can search for the same online. And that is both a benefit and can be a trouble as well. The number of online stores selling cocktail dresses are increasing. Hence, you must assess the options you have at hand and choose well. The following pointers can help you to do that:
- Research well – You need to conduct a thorough research about the online stores specializing in cocktail dresses. Make sure that you make a list of three or five websites and browse through their gallery and entire website. You need to check if the website has all the details for their product listed well. That way, you know that the online store is genuine. Also, make sure to read through the delivery details and shipping information. That will let you know by when your consignment will reach you. Additionally, it would help if you also read through the customer reviews and online testimonials to find out what other customers are saying about the brand. It will enable you to make the correct decision.
- Get the price correct –It is one of the most crucial factors when you are buying your cocktail dress online. These dresses are available in varied price ranges. Some dresses are affordably priced, while the others are incredibly costly. You need to get one that caters to your budget. For instance, if you have a fixed budget, you need to stick to that. Before you make up your mind about a budget, make sure that you research the price of the cocktail dresses. That way, you will have the right idea. Once you know the price correctly, you can steer clear of the websites that charge an excessive amount. Also, here you should stay away from the deals that appear to be “too good to be true.” That way, you will be able to stay away from bad deals and inferior quality cocktail dresses. It is also essential for you to make a price comparison between a couple of websites so that you know the correct price for the type of cocktail dress you intend to buy. Once you have the right know-how, you can fix your budget well.
- Take note of the exchange policy –Every online retailer will have its exchange and return policy. It brings ease for the online shopper if she doesn’t like what she bought and wishes to change it. Usually, the reputed websites will have an exchange policy of 30 days for the shoppers to return or exchange their products. It’s best not to shop from a website that doesn’t provide you with this facility. As at times, the dress might be good, but you might need to exchange the size.
These are some of the guidelines that will enable you to choose the right cocktail dress for yourself. Also, if you want, you can ask for suggestions from the website and seek help from the customer service group.
Also Read: Why Invest in Cornwall Jewellery?